We all battle the accumulation of daily clutter. As the week goes, you can start to see the areas that get hit the hardest. And it can be frustrating as you try to maintain a house that’s ready for an unexpected guest that might stop by.
Design and Decluttering Go Hand In Hand...Here Is How:
1. A successful design will address how you live in your home, so as to create beauty in those areas where daily life can make a room look messy.
2. If your remodeling, now is a good time to address these issues with your designer as a specific type of built-in cabinets or the design of your entry way can create a solution that’s more functional and fits your home along with your design style.
3. Finding the right functional furniture and decor can be the missing piece of your room design to address clutter more directly. Part of our design process is space planning and finding how you can best move around in your space. No room is the same, so it takes time with selecting the right furniture and decor to make your room not only beautiful but working correctly to stay beautiful after the install.
4. Addressing your office area, how you organize your space, where items enter and how items exit. It’s all about work flow patterns. The repetitive movements we make while we work in a space. It’s easier on our brains after a long day of work to maintain a pattern and muscle memory or working in a space. A simple shift in furniture and decor can makes those times that we rely on those patterns easier for keeping clutter at bay.
5. Custom cabinet for example in your kitchen can be more than just simple base and wall cabinets. Specialty cabinets not only look beautiful but can fix problem countertop areas that become collection areas for papers and miscellaneous stuff. We’ve come a long way from the simple junk drawer with professional kitchen design.
For the homeowner, it can be a challenge to see the solution as your living in your home every day and your too close to the problem and only see the dysfunction.
The power of Interior Design is often underestimated when it comes to organization and clutter control. But having a professional designer can help you solve those types of problems.
Ready to work with us to solve your clutter problems?
Schedule a consultation today, click here.